SAPIA’s Human Resource Development Strategy ensures the sustainability of skills in the industry and supports the achievement of the LFC’s human resource transformation objectives. The petroleum industry is of vital strategic importance to the South African economy. It is therefore essential to develop the industry’s human resources for a sustainable future. For this reason, SAPIA plays a central role in ensuring the development of the industry’s human capital. The Human Resource Development Strategy integrates national and industry priorities for business growth and individual empowerment. It rests on four objectives intended for implementation as an integrated whole.
- identify scarce and critical skills for sustainable growth, development and equity;
- increase the relevance and quality of occupationally directed qualifications for all employees across the industry value chain;
- assist designated groups, including new entrants, to participate in accredited work-based programmes to acquire scarce and critical skills; and
- promote and foster a supportive culture for human resource development transformation in the industry.
Women in Leadership Programme
Our aim in these sessions is to address the basics of starting and running a petroleum product transport business, legal and technical aspects, and HSSE aspect of the business.
SAPIA is working on different skill development initiatives which aims:
- To equip people who are interested in the sector
- Close the knowledge gap about the sector
- To realize our transformation goals as the sector.
Most of SAPIA members have different programs to onboard new transporters to give them opportunities to fulfil their transformation goals.
Masterclass recording that was held on the 05th of October 2021.