Who we are
SAPIA was established in 1994 under the auspices of former president Nelson Mandela to represent the collective interests of the South African liquid fuels industry and to usher South Africa’s vital liquid fuels industry into a new democratic era.
To be a respected, reputable and value adding industry association
Working together within the petroleum industry to promote inclusive social and economic growth
Our Strategic Objective
- Understand our stakeholders’ needs
- Provide expert information and assistance to our stakeholders
- Contribute to policy formulation and implementation
- Promote industry transformation, health, safety, security & environmental leadership and a fair regulatory framework for all
- Facilitate security of supply
- Enhance the reputation of the industry by communicating its contribution to economic and social progress.